Two Words That Will Make You a Smarter Content Marketer

You can post here about the phone number list
Jannat12

Two Words That Will Make You a Smarter Content Marketer

Post by Jannat12 »

Two Words That Will Make You a Smarter Content Marketer You don’t usually envision a poet engaging in a pistol duel — let alone twenty-nine — but that’s exactly what Alexander Pushkin did. His last duel proved fatal. Sadly, as long as there are two people on earth, there will be conflict. But it doesn’t always have to end in death. I’ve been in several duels myself. Not of the pistol-slinging variety — but the copywriting kind. You’ll probably recognize the scenario … I trot out my idea. The client cringes and says, “It will never work.” He’s got a better idea. “Fine,” I say, “let’s test them both and see which one works better.” And so, we let the marketplace declare the winner. Word #1: Test Testing makes you smarter. The beautiful thing about testing what you create in the marketplace is that you learn firsthand what works and what doesn’t work. It’s like being a marketing scientist.

If you don’t test your ideas, then you’re just Phone Number List groping around in the dark … ignorant (perhaps blissfully) of the truth of what you create. Instead, test hundreds of variables over time — headlines, calls-to-action, copy length, images, words, and so on — and you will build a healthy set of winning ideas. It’s this experience that will transform you from a so-so content producer to a sophisticated and seductive one … And it’s this experience that will drive people to ask you for advice, invite you to sit on panels, and beg you to work on their best projects. In one way, I think this is why everyone should learn how to write direct-response copy … it’s the perfect way to make sure that your best ideas see the light of day. Test everything, and you will get smarter (and wealthier).

But don’t be surprised if you run into a lot of resistance. Word #2: Paranoia Imagine your boss insists on formatting blog posts a certain way. She wants an opening that describes the post, then a blurb about an upcoming conference (with a call to action button), and then the article. You have a hunch that the blurb is impacting bounce rates, shares, and reading time on the page. It bugs the heck out of you. You mention something to your boss and she says you are being paranoid. However, the only way you can know if that is true is to test it. It could be a handful of variables that are suppressing shares, subscriptions, or conversions … you won’t know which ones until you start testing and isolating variables.